Nutrition Talks For Parents
Familyfoodworks runs talks for parents about good nutrition for their children. These talks make introducing healthy eating habits easy and the group setting is popular as a means of sharing ideas and support among parents. We provide reliable, up-to-date information about healthy eating for the whole family.
We understand there’s a lot of nutrition information and it’s confusing so we’ve simplified the facts and put together a program that makes it easy for you to make good choices when it comes to feeding your family.
By starting off with a few simple questions, such as,
- do you know if your child is eating too little or too much?
- how do you serve food at the table?
- how many times a day does your child need to eat?
Our 1½ hour presentations are interactive, informative and fun. The emphasis is not only on learning but sharing experiences and ideas with other parents. Some of the best ideas for incorporating healthy food come from fellow parents.
The talks will identify
- what foods are important for learning
- quick meal ideas that will keep everyone happy.
- the portion sizes children need
- ways to get your child to eat vegetables
- what to do if your child doesn’t eat at all.
Talks at Pre-Schools and Child Care Centres
We offer talks on different topics – you choose a topic or a series of talks.
The topics to choose from are:
1. Food for health, growth, and learning
- How much food do children need, and what are acceptable treat foods
- Foods that are important for learning, health and development
2. Creative ideas to feed your family
- How to incorporate the food groups into the family menu
- Ideas for quick, tasty, nutritious meals
3. Fussy eating
- How to get kids to eat a variety of foods
- Avoiding mealtime battles
4. Packing lunches
- What to pack for growing kids
- What’s to drink
5. Reading food labels
- How to read and interpret food labels
- The significance of food additives such as preservatives & colourings
Lunchtime Talks at Work
For your convenience, we can offer talks at the workplace. Contact us at email@example.com to arrange a talk. You can choose from the topics listed above.